[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

217 Reply
Re:New Firmware Update---Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-04-22 20:53:46

@Kevin_Z 

Firmware Version:  1.2.0 Build 20210415 rel.78917(4555)

Hardware Version:  Archer AX11000 v1.0

Location: Ground Floor Lounge 1 meter off the ground on a shelf.

Firmware Version:  1.0.9 Build 20201013 Rel. 184524

Hardware Version: RE505X v1.0

Firmware Version:  1.0.9 Build 20201013 Rel. 184524

Hardware Version: RE505X v1.0

Location: 2nd Floor Central part of the house 6  metres directly above AX11000

Issues:

1. Using the Tether App on an iPhone 11 Pro ios 14.4.2 Both RE505X extenders show as offline. This cause wifi devices to show a strong Wifi connection with no actual internet connection. This is fixed with a reboot of the AX11000 or the RE505X extenders. Both Extenders are shown as connected on AX11000 dashboard for onemesh.

2. Legacy devices on are slow to connect or do not connect at all on 2.4ghz network. This is fixed with a reboot of the AX11000. I have set AX11000 wireless Channel and Channel Width to Auto on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. This current appears to be stable but will report back.

3. Wifi Devices on AX or WiFi 6 eg iPhone have slow download speeds reducing from 300mbps to 60mpbs when moving within range of both RE505X extenders. This maybe as a result of the connection error and may be fixed with the Auto channel sellection, will monitor.

Options
2021-04-23 01:21:27

@Scott79  @sarapao555 

We would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and respond.

Options
2021-04-23 04:42:00

@Scott79 

Hi,

Just responded to your message in the RE505X thread, now responding here.

First off, I'll repeat my reply from the other thread, so you don't have to go hither and tither:

@Scott79 

Hi,

I can confirm your issue, however I think I have somehow got around it, at least partially. Here's how.

Previously, I was binding the IPs of both RE505Xs, as otherwise they would disappear (go off-line) and therefore become inaccessible. A few days ago, I reinstalled the AX11000 beta firmware from scratch, again (I think this may be important) and reconnected the RE505Xs but kept them on default settings (i.e. without any IP binding). I then rebooted the router, rebooted the RE505Xs, and was surprised to find that the RE505Xs stopped disappearing. As a matter of fact, they have not disappeared to date.

A part of the problem that remains, however, is that Tether has gone nuts. Namely, irrespective of whether my smartphone is connected to the AX11000 or to one of the RE505Xs, any attempt at connecting to the RE505Xs is met with a "cannot connect, try again later" message, while the AX11000 does not report all connected clients and does not allow me to change their icons. This appears to be a software issue, though, as I can connect to the RE505Xs through their web GUIs just fine.

Now, a few additional questions/hints:

1) Did you install the AX11000 beta firmware from scratch, and even twice? I did (both), and feel that this has made a difference.

2) I would strongly suggest manually setting the wi-fi channels, channel width, etc.

3) I would recommend against using SmartConnect - as above, everything on manual.

4) Out of curiosity - when you were connecting the RE505Xs, did you, after plugging them in, find them pop up in the router's OneMesh tab as ready to connect? I did, but only the first time.

Options
2021-04-23 20:40:19

Hi @Maciej 

It seems we have similar setups so I'll keep my posts in here so we feedback in one place yes

Hi,

I can confirm your issue, however I think I have somehow got around it, at least partially. Here's how.

Previously, I was binding the IPs of both RE505Xs, as otherwise they would disappear (go off-line) and therefore become inaccessible. A few days ago, I reinstalled the AX11000 beta firmware from scratch, again (I think this may be important) and reconnected the RE505Xs but kept them on default settings (i.e. without any IP binding). I then rebooted the router, rebooted the RE505Xs, and was surprised to find that the RE505Xs stopped disappearing. As a matter of fact, they have not disappeared to date.

A part of the problem that remains, however, is that Tether has gone nuts. Namely, irrespective of whether my smartphone is connected to the AX11000 or to one of the RE505Xs, any attempt at connecting to the RE505Xs is met with a "cannot connect, try again later" message, while the AX11000 does not report all connected clients and does not allow me to change their icons. This appears to be a software issue, though, as I can connect to the RE505Xs through their web GUIs just fine.

So this is similar to how I've set mine up with a fresh install and reboot of the AX11000, then bonding the RE505X'S. I have set the IP binding to help becuase the RE505X appeared to keep changing IP addresses. This appears to be settled at the moment.

All the settings are default apart from the DHCP server on each of the RE505X being set to "Off"

Now, a few additional questions/hints:

1) Did you install the AX11000 beta firmware from scratch, and even twice? I did (both), and feel that this has made a difference.

Not on the first attempt no, I had so many issues with connectivity that I completely reset and installed again from scratch.

2) I would strongly suggest manually setting the wi-fi channels, channel width, etc.

I tried this with 2.4ghz set to 20mhz channel 6 but the network was only reliable for 24hours then it would start to fail and devices would drop off the network. I've now set everything to auto and it appears to be more stable with faster download speeds.

3) I would recommend against using SmartConnect - as above, everything on manual.

I don't use the SmartConnect funtion, this normally causes connectivity issues with older 2.4ghz devices.

4) Out of curiosity - when you were connecting the RE505Xs, did you, after plugging them in, find them pop up in the router's OneMesh tab as ready to connect? I did, but only the first time.

Yes they did come up as ready to connect and remain in the GUI with the option to manage each RE505X.

As of today the network appears to be stable with only one device dropping connection from time to time.

Happy to test and try and settings you want to play with 👍

Regards

Scott

Options
2021-04-24 10:33:01

@Scott79 @Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much for your recommendation / advice yesyesyes

Your picture can help me to config my AX11000

I am not proficient network/it technical
I am newbie

Dear Tp-link admin and everybody

I can use onemesh now

I have "operation success"

So if you have problem "operation failed" show in first page

You can do like me (Tp-link admin advice me in e-mail mail to reconfig AX11000 and RE605X)

I think you must use “LAN CABLE” for AX11000 and RE605X (all step)

I use CAT6 cable

AX11000

Step 1 : reset AX11000
Step 2 : upgrade new firmware for onemesh

Step 3 : Setiing SSID (not use smart connect)

Step 4: close and open onemesh function (check my router can close/open)

RE605X

Step 1 : reset RE605X

Step 2 : connect 2.4&5Ghz (it will show “mesh”) click next and done

In last post I have use PCIe adapter AC1900(Wifi 5) for my PC computer

Now I buy Archer TX3000E(Wifi 6) and it work very good (speed better about 10-20%)

Wifi 6 technology is very good (The price is expensive too)

Options
2021-04-25 15:18:47 - last edited 2021-04-25 15:27:48

@sarapao5

In response to others trying out the beta firmware on the AX11000 I thought I'd add my own experience here in the UK. I purchased a RE605X on the back of this thread as it was cheaper than the RE505X (Amazon). I updated the RE605X to the newest firmware.

Basically I've had no problems at all. After a factory reset I installed the BETA firmware for the ATX11000. The new RE605X installed straight away and joined the MESH following the prompts from The Tether app.

What is different for me compared with others on here is that my first and only setup was to use the SMART feature of the AX11000 and that has not caused any problem at all for the RE605X.

As I wander around the house my phone automatically uses the RE605X if it is closer to it than the main router. Again there are several clients using the 605 (PS4 etc) as it is closer than the AX11000 and download speeds are higher for these clients than they were before installing the 605 and creating the MESH. 

My download internet speeds on the main router are the same as they were before installing the RE605X and updating the router to the Beta firmware and is the speed I am paying for (350 from Virgin media).

All in all a smooth experience for me with no complaints, and I now have ONEMESH in my detached property with 31 clients using both the main router and the RE605X with mobile devices swapping between the hardware as required using the SMART feature of the router.

Steve

Options
2021-04-25 21:50:14 - last edited 2021-04-25 22:19:44

Hello @Scott79 

I hope your setup is working as intended, however mine imploded today. After working reasonably well for two-three days, 2.4 GHz signal strength on both extenders fell abysmally, so much so that when I ran a speed test on my smartphone or laptop, I got something like 5 Mbps (!) down, repeatedly.

I then reconfigured the AX11000, using your suggestion of leaving the two connecting bands on auto settings, however this did not help, and 2.4 GHz signal strength again fell. I even tried with SmartConnect enabled, but again, no luck.

Further, whenever I set the router up from scratch and then plug in either RE505X (reset to factory defaults), the RE505X never appears in the router's OneMesh tab as "ready to connect"; it only did so once, during the first ever setting procedure I went through. I now have to go through Tether or a web browser to connect it.

Worse still, Tether has gone absolutely crazy and has stayed this way to date. Irrespective of whether my smartphone is connected to the AX11000 or to the RE505X, I get constant disconnects from Tether and/or a "cannot connect" message, even though I've uninstalled and installed the application a number of times.

I can't take any more of this. Network connectivity and reliability are key, so I've decided to withdraw from further testing for now. Perhaps technical support will give me some advice (I am in touch with them), we'll see.

So, to recap my experience with the new firmware so far:

1) SpeedTest - terrible, needs to be improved.

2) OneMesh - I see that others are having a measure of success, however my setup has given up the ghost, with terrible 2.4 GHz speeds and, in general, speeds much lower than reported by other users.

3) Tether - beyond terrible, constant disconnects, cannot change device icons in the AX11000 tab.

I do wonder it these are just quirks in my configuration, or perhaps signs of hardware failure...

Best regards,

Maciej

Options
2021-04-25 22:16:34

Hi @sarapao555 

Just one question - what speeds are you getting?

Options
2021-04-25 22:16:42

@Maciej 

I'm with you on this one.

Mine has also colapsed this afternoon.

• Speed slow.
  • Consistent drop outs.
  • Conflict in connections causing total internet connection dropout.
  • Random behaviour in tether.

I've reset everything and it seems to have rectified the issue however if there is a software issue I assume it will crash in another couple of days.

The joys of beta :-)

Options
2021-04-25 22:28:21

@Scott79 

Definitely not the reply I was hoping for, although it does give me some comfort that I'm not the only one having this kind of "fun".

I'm currently waiting for a response from technical support, perhaps they can give some advice as to settings, etc.

We'll see, but I promise that when I do get info from them, I'll share it with you (and the forum in general), ok?

PS I just hope they'll recommend something better than resetting the whole config from time to time... :)

Options
Related Articles