2.4GHz in custom channel configuration WIFI not starting after router restart. Disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4GHz in custom channel configuration WIFI not starting after router restart. Disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-18 10:46:06

Hello TP-Link, after one year I'm struggling with a stable 2.4GHZ wireless connection. I have been waiting for firmware updates with hope that this is only a software issue and you will fix it. After 2 new firmware releases the problem still occurs. 

I am using smart devices in my apartment and this is a huge problem for me and due to unstable connection / disconnection, I do not have stable access to a smart home remote.

When channel settings are on AUTO, 2.4Ghz network is 3-5 times per day disconnecting. Devices lost connection and some devices can reconnect back, but some of them not. One of the the big problem is during online meetings when I need stable connection. 

When I change 2.4 WiFi settings to a specific channel 12 or 13, connection looks fine and stable, but after regular night restart of my router, 2.4ghz WiFi does not start until I change manually to a different channel number in router admin page. Therefore my smart home devices are not connected every morning.

WIFI 5Ghz is stable and working correctly, but many of my smart devices support only 2.4Ghz, so I cant connect them to the 5Ghz network and get stable connection. 

I see the problem with the 2.4ghz auto channel switch on my ax6000 router but maybe you know where should be a problem. Thx for advise.

I need to use a warranty program and return the router if this problem will not be fixed after one year.

Options
1 Reply
Re:2.4GHz in custom channel configuration WIFI not starting after router restart. Disconnections
2021-04-28 07:42:20 - last edited 2021-04-28 07:43:14

@BigCorki 

May I know how many devices connected to the AX6000 2.4G network, what are they? Are they all disconnecting from the network at the same time if you leave the channel auto?

Have you ever tested with different channels, except for the channel 12 and 13? Please reset the AX6000 to factory defaults one more time, then reconfigure it from scratch, check again if you still have an issue. Please remember to choose the wireless security as WPA2-PSK, AES for the network.

BTW, are there any other Onemesh range extenders in the network? If there are, try to remove them from the network temp, test if the smart devices can connect stably.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 1

Related Articles