Router keeps rebooting. Need beta firmware.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-18 15:17:13 - last edited 2021-05-19 01:28:11
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066

I live in India and I recently bought an Archer C6 (US) V3.20 - https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-c6/. It keeps randomly rebooting. I tired factory resetting it, even tired updating it's firmware using the Tether app by TP-Link but nothing seems to work. I read on some thread about a similar issue with other models and they suggested installing beta firmware, so can someone please the link to those or suggest a solution. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router keeps rebooting. Need beta firmware.-Solution
2021-04-28 07:30:57 - last edited 2021-05-19 01:28:11

@SahibMaghera 

May I know how many devices connected to the C6 network, what are they? What if you remove some high-load devices from the network, will the C6 still auto-reboot?

When the C6 restarts, are all the LEDs turning off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

When did you purchase it, when did the issue start to happen? 

You can also try to lower down the Transmit Power on the C6 to middle or low, disable the NAT boost on the router, then monitor.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router keeps rebooting. Need beta firmware.-Solution
2021-04-28 07:30:57 - last edited 2021-05-19 01:28:11

@SahibMaghera 

May I know how many devices connected to the C6 network, what are they? What if you remove some high-load devices from the network, will the C6 still auto-reboot?

When the C6 restarts, are all the LEDs turning off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

When did you purchase it, when did the issue start to happen? 

You can also try to lower down the Transmit Power on the C6 to middle or low, disable the NAT boost on the router, then monitor.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 1