Hide SSID without hiding the Guest Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-18 16:28:02
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

Hi, I was trying to configure my network and I want to hide my main SSID but it will include the guest network as well. Is there a workaround that if I hide my main SSID, it will not include the guest network? Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hide SSID without hiding the Guest Network
2021-04-28 07:27:45

@Jan_Ranile 

May I know how did you hide the main network, by unchecking the "Enable SSID Broadcast"? Is the Guest Network still shows a check mark on the web page? The main network and the guest network should be independent.

You can try to update the firmware of the router to the latest, then confirm if you have the same issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wr940n/#Firmware

Options
2021-04-29 02:18:02

@Kevin_Z 

Yeah, that's how I did it. If I uncheck the ""Enable SSID Broadcast", it will also hide the guest network. I already have the latest firmware for the router.

Options
2021-04-29 03:25:39

@Jan_Ranile  Thank you. That would be the current design, we will keep an eye on this kind of feedback, then will check if we need to optimize this feature in the future.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1012

Replies: 3