Ring camera poor connection any ideas

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 06:24:23 - last edited 2021-05-06 06:15:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: version 2.7.4

Hi everyone :)

I just installed my new mesh system Deco M4, But having problems with my rear garden ring stick up camera. even thou its only a few feet away from my deco pod. the connection rating is not as good as it was b4 mesh system. I spoke to tech support, but the guy wasn't really interested and said speak to the camera manufacturer. What a charming chap he was . Anybody got any simple fixes ?  Looking thru this forum seems to be a common problem. can you Help ? Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ring camera poor connection any ideas-Solution
2021-04-20 05:54:01 - last edited 2021-05-06 06:15:11

@Ianhawk 

Hi, have you checked the signal strength on the smartphone in the same location?

Is the ring camera 2.4ghz only?

Have you tried to enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only with a different SSID then check whether the 2.4ghz signal is also very poor?

Could you please go to overview>device list>ring camera>wheel button on the top right and save a picture of the device settings page to me?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Ring camera poor connection any ideas-Solution
2021-04-20 05:54:01 - last edited 2021-05-06 06:15:11

@Ianhawk 

Hi, have you checked the signal strength on the smartphone in the same location?

Is the ring camera 2.4ghz only?

Have you tried to enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only with a different SSID then check whether the 2.4ghz signal is also very poor?

Could you please go to overview>device list>ring camera>wheel button on the top right and save a picture of the device settings page to me?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ring camera poor connection any ideas
2021-05-04 20:51:19
Thanks for this. Ive recently jnstalled Deco 9s and had issues with Ring cameras, despite a strong signal the cameras were sluggish at best to connect. But thanks to your post the issue is now appears to be fixed!
Options
2021-05-05 07:44:46

@Lynnmalc01 

Thank you very much for sharing;

I would be more interested what you did exactly to fix this issue and would you be kind to sharing with us?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-05-05 13:26:00

@TP-Link   Hi, I just did what was suggested, setting up a guest network with 2.4GHz only, as Ring cameras only work on 2.4GHz.  I then reset the Ring camera connecting to the new guest network and it has been an almost perfect improvement.  Previously it could take several attempts to get the camera to connect, to the point sometimes I would give up,  but it connects almost always (just a couple of instances but I put that down to the connection just waking up if the camera has been dormant for a while, and something I can now live with).  Prior to resetting the wifi connection the wifi signal strength was 89% at the camera and the camera was showing the RSSI as -51, so there shouldn't have been an issue with connecting.  I therefore can only assume the change to 2.4GHz network is the reason for the much improved performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1030

Replies: 4

Related Articles