Wi-fi connection but no internet on one Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 11:33:56
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3. Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi,

We are having trouble with the Deco in our basement. It functions for months without a problem, but then suddenly something changes in the connection.

The deco still gives full WiFi connection. And on our phones we can still use the internet. But when we try to work on that signal with our laptops it keeps giving the error that there is WiFi signal but there is no internet connection. Restarting the Deco or the laptop doesn't help. Last time we did a full reset of all deco's, after which it worked again for a few weeks. We are not planning to do that every time.

What can be the reason for loosing the internet connection? I've been reading here and elsewhere, can it be a problem with the availability of IP adresses? I already switched on IPv6 in addition to IPv4. But no improvement yet. Can we avoid this situation?

Tips are welcome :-)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wi-fi connection but no internet on one Deco
2021-04-20 03:37:56

@PeterGo 

Hi, may I know the model number and operating system of this laptop?

Was it the only device that failed to get internet service?

Have you checked the IP address on the computer when there is no internet?

Did you set up any parental control profile for the laptop?

Please make sure the Laptop was not added to the blacklist accidentally;

Then please enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only and connect the computer to the guest network to see whether you could get a stable connection?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Wi-fi connection but no internet on one Deco
2021-04-20 07:04:59

@TP-Link

Hi,

There were two different laptops that had te same issue. 

No parental control. No black list.

Where can I check the IP address on my laptop?

I have now set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as I read in other threads on this forum.

It works for now but do you think this wil last?

Regards,

Peter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 2

Related Articles