How do I stop my vr400 stop changing the IP addresses?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 22:36:26 - last edited 2021-04-20 02:24:49
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170628 Rel.36958n

Hi all, I just bought the AC1200 (VR400) and have a slight problem I do not know how to solve..

I have 3 cameras that are connected via WiFi which the router picks up just fine, the problem is the router decided to change the IP address on the cameras which meant I had to go into the Ispy config file and chanfge them manually to what the router set them to..

Is there a way of telling the router to keep the IP it has set them to and not change it please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How do I stop my vr400 stop changing the IP addresses?-Solution
2021-04-20 00:33:42 - last edited 2021-04-20 14:00:06

@NZ_Wanderer 

Yes. there are two ways. One is called DHCP address reservation and the other one is static IP address.

When you've set your cameras to obtain their IP addresses by router's DHCP server, it could be changed when they are rebooted, power cut off or rebooting the router.

If you want each camera to have an authentic (permanent) IP address, which do not change over time, then address reservation is the feature you can use.

Another approach which may solve that too is to set your cameras with a static IP addresses outside your router's DHCP pool range.

It's up to you to decide which one is the best for you according to your network setup.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I stop my vr400 stop changing the IP addresses?-Solution
2021-04-20 00:33:42 - last edited 2021-04-20 14:00:06

@NZ_Wanderer 

Yes. there are two ways. One is called DHCP address reservation and the other one is static IP address.

When you've set your cameras to obtain their IP addresses by router's DHCP server, it could be changed when they are rebooted, power cut off or rebooting the router.

If you want each camera to have an authentic (permanent) IP address, which do not change over time, then address reservation is the feature you can use.

Another approach which may solve that too is to set your cameras with a static IP addresses outside your router's DHCP pool range.

It's up to you to decide which one is the best for you according to your network setup.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How do I stop my vr400 stop changing the IP addresses?
2021-04-20 02:24:16

@terziyski Thank you very much for that, I have used the Address Reservation and set them up that way, will make things easier now as I won't have to physically edit the config file for ispy anymore :)

Took a couple of minutes to figure it out cause the settings were under Advanced>Network>LAN Settings, where as the link you gave me was different, but wasn't too hard to find it  :)

Thank you again, much appreciate your reply to help me...

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 416

Replies: 2