Deco M4 with TM Unifi, after power outage or unifi router restarted Deco M4 need to reset everytime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 with TM Unifi, after power outage or unifi router restarted Deco M4 need to reset everytime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 17:04:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

So my home internet is using TM Unifi. It comes with a terminal (Huawei) and a router (Tplink Archer C1200). So I bought the Deco M4 2 packs to enhance the wireless range. I have no problem in setting up the Deco M4 with the Unifi router rather I have done it many times, due to power outage or router restart or down. So the problem is this, every time when the (TPLink Archer C1200) internet is down or power outage or the router is shut down. Whenever it is recovered, the Deco M4 will always show Red Solid LED light. No matter, I try to restart or reboot the Deco M4 or the entire network devices, including the terminal and router, the dice will never work. Every single time I have to delete the SSID and recreate the network or reset the Deco M4. Then only it will work. It is so frustrating. It is like the Deco M4 is not smart enough to recover by itself. Really hope the community can help me out with this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 with TM Unifi, after power outage or unifi router restarted Deco M4 need to reset everytime
2021-04-23 07:59:30

@soonhere 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1.Did Deco M4 work on the access point mode or wireless router mode?

2.Next time, if the issue started again, before reset, could you please go to http://tplinkdeco.net and save the system for me;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M4 with TM Unifi, after power outage or unifi router restarted Deco M4 need to reset everytime
2021-04-30 13:43:00

@TP-Link 

Hi, thank you for the reply.

The Deco M4 was set in wireless router mode. 

After I log into http://tplinkdeco.net, may I know how do I save the system or do you mean to save the log? 

Thank you very much!

Options
2021-05-07 05:36:48

@soonhere 

yes and save the system log to local and send to me;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 720

Replies: 3

Related Articles