No interner when setting up router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 02:44:24 - last edited 2021-04-21 11:28:00
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

First time setting up router.Followed the quick setup procedure for the router Archer Ax50 but the internet led stays orange,indicating no internet.I was setting with Dynamic ID.

Have try with PPPoE but met with same outcome.My ISP provider is Singtel.

Any guidances from the community?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No interner when setting up router -Solution
2021-04-21 03:33:55 - last edited 2021-04-21 11:28:00

@user-2021 

You need to get the correct username and password from Singtel but not trying. If Singtel provides you a PPPoE connection, then you need to type in the correct username and password on the AX50 web setup page as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2415/

If that still doesn't work, please confirm with Singtel if there is any special requirement for the internet setup on the router, such as VLAN ID, then input that correctly on the router to confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:No interner when setting up router -Solution
2021-04-21 03:33:55 - last edited 2021-04-21 11:28:00

@user-2021 

You need to get the correct username and password from Singtel but not trying. If Singtel provides you a PPPoE connection, then you need to type in the correct username and password on the AX50 web setup page as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2415/

If that still doesn't work, please confirm with Singtel if there is any special requirement for the internet setup on the router, such as VLAN ID, then input that correctly on the router to confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No interner when setting up router
2021-04-21 11:37:41
Hi Kevin_Z Thanks for replyimg. I have the singtel username and password and have actually setup with PPPoE.Have also try with Dynamic ID. But there were no internet. I have watch the video you provided.In the video I observed after the modem/ONT and router were powered up,noticed the wifi leds were lighted green and later the internet led also turn green(from orange).This imply internet was present before setup was continue. For my case,the internet led stay orange throughout the setup. What could be the cause?
Options
2021-04-23 01:44:57

@user-2021 

If the internet LED is still orange, that means it cannot build up the connection. Have you contacted Singtel to confirm all the setting parameters?

Options
2021-04-24 02:59:22

@Kevin_Z 

I have enguired Singtel for my broadband ID and password.The other info is a DNS(prefered) and an alternate DNS which singtel provided.I do know how to use this DNS to the setup though and what DNS refers to.Am a novice on this.

Options
2021-04-25 01:32:28

@user-2021 

We have another way to test out if the username and password are correct. Connect the Singtel modem to the computer directly, then dial up on the computer, if that works, that means you got them right. Here is a guide:

For Windows 8 & 10: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

For MacOS: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/285/

If this connects to the internet fine on the computer, that means the username and password are correct. Otherwise, you need to contact Singtel, as the username or password is still wrong.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 5

Related Articles