Archer c5400 firmware and band issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 08:22:41
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C5400(US)_V1_170731

Hi I have the US version, Hardware version 1 and was having problems with 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands, my pc wouldnt detect either band and mobile devices would only detect one of the two 5ghz bands. PS4 would detect both bands but only connect to the 5ghz band. With these issues,  i updated the firmware to the latest one Archer C5400(US)_V1_170731, date 07-07-17 (4 years old). However it seems to be worse than the original firmware that came with the router. Please can tech support help resolve my problem? Having gone through the forum i see some have had their issues resolved through a beta firmware (link is no longer working). I paid alot for this router and any cheap router works better than this supposedly high end router. Very disappointed with this router. Hope tech support and any other techies can help me regarding this issue. Thank you .

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer c5400 firmware and band issues
2021-04-23 06:08:17

@Adi115 

We do see some customers feedback that they have issues with the download speed, and we provided a beta firmware to resolve it, but that is for C5400v2, not for V1.

Back to your issue, have you tried to modify the wireless settings for both the 2.4G and 5G frequency? You can run a Wi-Fi analyzer to check if the router is actually broadcasting the signal correctly.

Another suggestion, try to reset the router to factory default either by pressing and holding the reset bottom or login to its web management page to do a factory default, then reconfigure it from scratch to confirm if both frequencies are broadcasting.

Options
Re:Archer c5400 firmware and band issues
2022-01-21 23:38:28 - last edited 2022-01-21 23:39:35

@Kevin_Z So is there a fix for this yet?  I also have a C5400 v1 and am having this same problem; I tried restoring to factory defaults and reconfiguring, and that did not fix the issue.  Wifi is working, but speeds are not what they are with my PC directly connected via Ethernet to my modem, with 600 Mbps service.  Directly connected, my PC gets about 650 Mbps, but when I am hardwired to the router, they drop down to 450 Mbps.  Wifi speeds are around 350 Mbps, which is very disappointing.  This router is a Gigabit router; it's on the box...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 2

Related Articles