Deco x20 choosing the wrong signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-22 09:26:10
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have 3 Deco x20. The third one (let's call it C) always ends up choosing the signal source furthest away from it (A). I can reboot C and it will correctly reconnect to B, but after about a week or so, it'll just automatically decide to revert back to source A, causing devices connected to C to get slow internet speed.  I cannot figure out what triggered the switch, there was no power outage or anything like that. I read in this forum that this has been a long-existing issue with other Deco models. So please, TP-Link, either fix it right away with a firmware update or add a button in your app to let us choose our signal source manually. This is getting really annoying!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco x20 choosing the wrong signal source
2021-04-23 03:09:14

@triptomoon 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We already have planned to add the option to manually select the signal source on the Deco units;

Please keep attention to the new firmware notification on the Deco APP;

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-26 13:57:43

@TP-Link Dear TP-Link: Good to hear that you finally decided to add this long-awaited function. Kindly give us a timetable. In less than a week since I post the previous message, I had to reboot my 3rd Deco again to connect it to the nearest signal source. I find myself constantly checking the Deco app to make sure everything stays in the right place. This can't be what you imagine your products to perform, right? BTW, "Network Optimization" doesn't work, I have tried it multiple times and it'd never fix anything unless I reboot.

Options
2021-07-20 21:40:51

@triptomoon Just got the x20 three pack, updated all the firmware and have the same problem. Three story townhouse with the main in the basement, and one on the first floor and one on the second floor. The one on the second floor only wants to connect to the one in the basement. Needless to say performance on the second floor is lousy. Tried rebooting the individual units in various orders but no luck. Was evaluating these vs Eero Pro 6 but with it chained like this performance is about a third slower. Hope someone has a fix. 

Options
2021-07-21 01:51:38

@kpuscas 

Hi, would you mind swapping the location of the two satellite Deco units and check the signal source again?

--if the new 2nd floor Deco still links to the basement, please save a picture of the signal source strengthen of this Deco to me;

By the way, would it be possible for you to draw a rough picture of your floor map?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 981

Replies: 4

Related Articles