tplink re650 extender 2.4ghz light off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-25 14:44:19
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

hi all, just purchased  the re650 extender to get signal into garden deadspot from house. Wifi router is a Sky Q fibre Hub. I connected the extender up via wps but on the device it has no light lit for 2.4ghz connection. just solid ring, power and 5ghz. I am finding that the 5ghz speed while great does not quite reach to the area of garden. I have tried the wps a few times but it shows no other ghz network from my router. checked the router itself and its admin page shows both bands are broadcasting!

I am also a little confused as to whether in the garden its the extender i connect to as it shows same name for network as the router!

What am I doing wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:tplink re650 extender 2.4ghz light off
2021-04-30 03:56:51

@lgrenter Hello, 

Do both Wi-Fi Leds light up on your RE650?  If not, please verify your 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi password, reset RE and set it up again: 

• Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your  2.4GhzWi-Fi network on cell phone first :  

Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

• If both WIFI Leds are On, you could change a different SSID for RE and see if 2.4Ghz SSID shows up: 

You could download Tether app and  change Wireless settings for range extender : 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 1