Archer VR600 giving slow wired download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-25 15:52:54 - last edited 2021-04-26 01:08:41
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.66972n

Hi,

I recently bought a TP-Link Archer VR600 hoping to get better speeds than my talk talk router, however, the download speed is consistently low.

To set up the router I used the Talktalk quick setup (as am with Talktalk), I only had my wired connection connected which is Cat7.

The upload speed is great but the download speed seems to be throttled and I am only getting 7.9 Mbps, I usually have just over 10/11 Mbps using my Talktalk router.

I have gone back to my Talktalk router currently as the few extra Mbps I get with it make a difference having such bad slow internet in my area, however, would love to move to the TP-link router if I can get this sorted.

I have confirmed it is not our connection, nor the cable or other hardware that is the issue as I still get higher speeds with my ISP router, the problem lies with the TP-link router and I am not sure if there are any settings I need to change to free up this disappearing couple of Mbps. I have checked that I am using the latest firmware.

I have also checked the forums and it seems to be an issue with the TP-link routers that throttle the download speed, as has been reported many times before by other people.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 841

Replies: 0

Related Articles