Extender to be used as AP with AX20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 11:55:31
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I recently ordered AX20 for my home, to upgrade my home

Previously I had no name router and in farther room wired TL-WA855RE wirred as AP

what should I buy to have one mesh in house 

One more time I have cable connection between router position and extender position

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender to be used as AP with AX20
2021-04-27 13:00:54

@Igor_  Hello, 

Thank you for being interested in tp-link oneMesh. To use oneMesh , both router & range extender should be oneMesh compatible, unfortunately TL-WA855RE does not support oneMesh yet, here is the compatbility list  for your reference: 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/

Besides, oneMesh is built through wireless between router and RE. For range extender, only RE mode (wireless connect to router) supports oneMesh, AP mode (wired to router) could not use oneMesh either.  May I know what is your expectation for oneMesh, and we will see if there any suggestion for you~

Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/

Options
2021-04-28 04:40:05

@Solla-topee 

I know that  TL-WA855RE doesnt support one mesh,i will replace it if it will give results (i will install it elsewhere)

it is in use 3 years i think and it was OK.

I cant cover all apartment from router position, so i lay LAN cable to another part of apartment, and it is still usable

can you propose some (home budget - not proffessional) addition to AX20 router to achieve better WiFi

if possible when moving room to room to not need to reconnect. to have one WiFi network 

and of course to improve speed :)

Options
2021-04-30 01:40:04 - last edited 2021-04-30 02:17:22

@Igor_ Good day, 

If want to put the new RE at TL-WA855RE's location and work as AP, a RE with Gigabit 1000Mbps Ethernet port would be better. 

For better speed, you could consider range extender which link speed is above AV1200, like RE300, new model RE505X (support 8021.11ax on 5Ghz).

Though in AP Mode (wired to router) RE could not enjoy the benefit of oneMesh, but most nowadays Wi-Fi clients with roaming feature could roam to a stronger SSID when the current WiFi is too weak and do not need manually reconnect. It will have a few secs to mins shortcut off during the roaming process. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 3

Related Articles