Can't connect to Internet when on my work's VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 13:23:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi guys 

I have installed a Deco M5 3x units with the main unit connected directly to my Virgin Media (UK ISP) router/modem via Ethernet. 

All seems to work OK, except that whenever I am connected to my work's VPN, I cannot seem to access the Internet. 

My work's VPN system is called Pulse Connect (if that helps). 

I don't have access point set up. Just plugged straight into my router and my the other 2 M5s around the flat. 

Thanks 

N

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't connect to Internet when on my work's VPN
2021-04-27 06:30:59

@Nkol7 

Hi,

Did you say that once the client connected to the Pulse Connect VPN,  the device itself would lose the internet connection, right?

How about the Deco units and are they still solid green and working well?

What is the device that needs to connect the Pulse Connect VPN, and did it work well with another network system?

Would disconnecting the Pulse Connect VPN restore the internet connection immediately?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-27 06:43:13

@TP-Link 

Hi - yeah, the Deco m5 (all of them) remain solid green. It's only this one device that loses Internet connection when the work vpn is switched on via the desktop app. And ONLY that devices loses Internet. The device in question is a Windows Dell Latitude laptop. 

Internet DOES work as normal when the vpn is ON when connected to other networks, like 4G hotspot, or restaurant/cafe WiFi etc. 

Options
2021-04-27 08:36:53

@Nkol7 

Hi, could you please check the IP settings on the desktop  and ping the Lan IP of Deco when it lost the internet connection:

You may obtain the information of your PC’s network adapter from here: (For Windows PC only)

1.Press WIN+R on the keyboard, type in “cmd” and enter, you will see a small black window.

2.In the small black window, type in “ipconfig /all” and press enter, the information of your network adapters will be printed.

3.Please save a picture of this page and send it to us;

If possible, please also log into the web UI http://tplinkdeco.net and save the system log for me;

By the way, were you able to reproduce the same issue every time?

Later we would forward your case to the senior engineers for further help;

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-27 09:52:41

@Nkol7 Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, and then select Properties. Select the Networking tab, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the Components checked are used by this connection list, and then select Properties. Select Advanced, and then clear the Use default gateway on remote network check box.

Options
2021-04-27 10:06:45
Thanks for the responses guys! Just to be clear, where are you suggesting I do this in @fincherdavid?
Options
2021-04-28 02:11:07

@fincherdavid 

I am curious about the setting too and could you be kind to share some screenshots?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 6