Can’t find my 5 g network in list of connections so I only have access to my 2.4 g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can’t find my 5 g network in list of connections so I only have access to my 2.4 g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-27 00:08:27
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I find my 5G network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can’t find my 5 g network in list of connections so I only have access to my 2.4 g
2021-04-27 03:42:20

@Xanth 

Firstly, please check if the 5G LED light is lit up on the router, try to press the Wi-Fi on/off, then confirm.

Secondly, ensure the router firmware is the latest. If not, update it first.

If still cannot see the 5G signal, check if other devices like phones and laptops can see the 5G network or not. If no device can find it, please login to its web GUI to modify the 5G wireless settings, such as channel and channel width, you can choose channel 36/40/44/48, channel width can be 40MHz or 80MHz, then reboot the router to confirm. Below is the guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1

Related Articles