Archer C4000 WI-FI Router randomly reboots

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-27 13:55:41
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

My Archer C4000 has started randomly rebooting.

All the lights go off, I lose my WI-FI and Ethernet connections, the router comes back on is less than a minute and everything reconnects.

I disconnected everything from the router except my laptop. As soon as I start adding devices to the wireless network, change between the 2.4g and 5g connections, or sometimes just randomly, it starts rebooting.

What I have done so for:

- Factory Reset

- Reverted to a previous firmware

- Updated the firmware

- Changed out the power supply

- Reverted to the original power supply

Is there anything else I can do, or am I $h*% out of luck and need a new router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 WI-FI Router randomly reboots
2021-04-28 01:53:13

@RCN_Sailor29 

How many devices are connected to C4000, wired, and wirelessly? You may optimize your wireless network, for the devices with small traffic, please connect them to the 2.4G network, like smart devices; for the devices with high traffic, please connect them to the 5G wireless network, like the smartphone/PC/TV, etc.

Feel the router top and bottom, how about the temperature? If it is what the environment should be, that should be normal. Ensure you put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, and use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine. As long as the router is not placed in an enclosed area then it should be fine. You can also try to set the Wi-Fi Transmit Power to low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps.

If none of these help, you may contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device might be faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 1

Related Articles