TPLink Archer C4000 resets to factory default during my internet provider maintenance work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPLink Archer C4000 resets to factory default during my internet provider maintenance work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 13:37:06
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

My router reset to factory default by itself during my internet provider 6 hours long maintenance. 

That is a very weird situation that I run into. How could a router reset to the factory default by itself? Wonder if anyone runs into this?

My bad also, I didn't have a backup or don't remember where I put the backup config file, I had to reconfigure the router and all the devices in the house. Will have to keep a good back. 

However, I am very disappointed at this router now.

William

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer C4000 resets to factory default during my internet provider maintenance work
2021-04-28 17:19:14

@WilliamTS Reading more, I think I had a similar situation as in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/99402

While I was troubleshooting the network issue caused by the internet provider outside of their planned maintenance window, I did press the power buttons a couple of times and also unplug the power once or twice for a brief time to reset the router.  But the router should never reset to factory defaults! I do worry about this router now.

Options
Re:TPLink Archer C4000 resets to factory default during my internet provider maintenance work
2021-04-29 03:35:48

@WilliamTS 

You may reset the router to factory defaults manually again, reconfigure it from scratch to connect to the internet again, then monitor if the issue will happen again. Do pay attention to if this issue will happen with some specific operation like power off then on frequently, or anything special that you can observe.

If the router restore to defaults again automatically without any clear clue, then contact the reseller or the local tech support to request a replacement if it is still under warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 2