DECO M5 Connection Alerts but Devices Online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 13:41:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

Model: Deco

Hardware Version:

1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

Hi TP-Link Community,

Deco M5, Model: AC1300, Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223, Installed on: 27/04/2021 

Issue: Since the install of the Deco M5, I've been receiving hundreds of daily messages of my devices like the Ring cameras on the network disconnecting and reconnecting, but when I check these "Offline Devices" through their applications they all show an online status and are working fine.

Troubleshooting: I've reconfigured a BT Smart Hub 2 as an Access Point presuming it was somthing to do with the Mesh WIFI and the Ring camera and connected the Ring camera to that instead but still receiving the notification.

Does anyone have any idea of what is the issue?

Thanks  

Options
8 Reply
Re:DECO M5 Connection Alerts but Devices Online
2021-04-28 17:02:29

@Clemo1992 I get the same issue; I'm trying differnt things to troubleshoot what is going on.  I wonder if it has to do with powersaving modes of some of these devices.  What I do notice is that its only certin devices which have nothing todo with wifi range.  in looking at the error logs I can see several errors that don't make sense to me at all and haven't found anything on the internet about them.

daemon.err nrd[5374]: estimatorCmnHandleBeaconReportEvent: Invalid beacon report for 28:16:A8:6D:D7:65 is one example of this.   

ZERO documentaiton is provided on these errors so its makes it very difficult to troubleshoot. 

Options
2021-04-28 17:07:30

@PilotTyers 

Yes it's very strange, only 1 of my ring cameras is doing it, a spotlight cam and also my works iPhone 6s is also experiencing the issue but not my personal iPhone X. Both don't seem to be losing connection at all.

Also noticed my echo dot isn't even showing as a device although it is connected and working.

Options
2021-04-28 19:27:29

I wonder if you have more than one WiFi network in your household that devices can connect to, perhaps even more than one WiFi network with same SSID/password.

That would explain device that is not shown in Deco mesh at all but having WiFi connectivity, and device that shown as offline in Deco mesh but is online. They are just connected to a different WiFi network.

Alerts about devices going offline/online in Deco but staying connected all the time can also be explained by this. 

Options
2021-04-28 20:54:17

Hi @Alexandre.

I've only 1 network as such, the WAP which only has the ring cameras connected to it has a different SSID to stop any confusion but still gets it IP through the DECO's DHCP so either way should show as a device on the DECO when connected.

I've worked out the Echo is actually showing but was called Linux on the devices, had no idea what that even was!

Options
2021-04-29 06:09:38

@Clemo1992 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Currently, the devices that get constant incorrect alerts are 1*Ring camera+1* spotlight camera+ iPhone 6s, right?
  2. There is more than one Ring camera but only of them has this issue, right?
  3. Please go to Deco APP>overview>help>contact us>suggestions and send us the APP system log;
  4. Would turning off the Mesh technology of the Ring camera on the Deco APP make any difference?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-29 06:11:47

@PilotTyers 

Hi, what devices that you have suffered from the same issue?

Options
2021-04-29 07:46:20

@TP-Link some wireless light switches. Several alerts each day

Options
2021-04-29 08:43:30

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I've sent the system log over.

Yes just seems to be an iPhone 6s and a Ring spotlight cam. The Ring floodlight cam seems to be working fine.

I've tried turning the mesh off doesn't seem to make a difference.

thanks

Options