Archer C80 AC1900 - very slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-29 09:38:13 - last edited 2021-04-29 12:16:53
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 210308 Rel.60033n(5553)

Hello,

I am starting this thread because I have been having a lot of issues with my Archer C80 router. I purchased it two months ago, expecting I would get good wifi coverage throughout the house and proper wifi speeds (I have a 50MBPS subscription to NBN in Australia).

I have been experiencing problems where the connection becomes slow and unresponsive for weeks now. This is driving me (and the family) nuts...

To narrow it down to the router, I tried the below.

Speed tests:
    . while connected on the wifi
    . while connected via ethernet cable to the router
    . while connected directly to the modem

The test results show that I get normal speeds if connected directly to the modem, but really slow speeds if connected to the router, both on wifi and wired connection. See attached screenshots for tests taken successively.

In the beginning, I also suspected wifi interference, so I tried shortening the beacon interval and changing other parameters. The problem kept coming back. 

Currently I am running default parameters and the latest firmware version.I have also ruled out the ethernet cable because I used that same cable to connect directly to the modem and obtained proper speed.I even tried moving the router, on the idea that there might electromagnetic interference from some other cable. I have also tried turning off all other electronic equipment. All this had no effect.

With the above speed tests, it really looks like something is wrong with the router. Posting this thread is my last resort before getting a refund and changing router.

Would you have any suggestions?

I am also attaching router logs in case this would be of interest.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

File:
syslog.txtDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C80 AC1900 - very slow speed
2021-04-30 06:53:55

@Nicolas1982 

May I know who is your ISP? Is the WAN connection type Dynamic IP or Static IP? As per the log you attached, the C80 didn't get an IP address from the NBN connection, you need to figure that out first.

If the internet is working, please confirm next time if the WAN LED is green or orange when the speed becomes this slow on when connected to the C80, ensure there is a WAN IP address on the C80, you can also confirm with your ISP that if there is any limitation on the line or if there are special requirements on the C80 needs to be configured.

Options
2021-05-01 04:26:55

Hello @Kevin_Z 

thanks for your reply here. 

my ISP is Aussie Broadband. I am using Dynamic IP. The WAN LED on the router is definitely green (the first one from the right) when experiencing the issue. 

could you please confirm what message shows there is no IP attributed to the router in the logs?

Thanks again,

kind regards,

nicilas

Options
2021-05-06 06:49:25

@Nicolas1982 

In the log file you attached, there is no WAN IP address, it shows WAN = DHCP : W = 0.0.0.0 : M = 0.0.0.0 : G = 0.0.0.0. Can you please send us the whole system log on the C80 by email, then we can troubleshoot further?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2023

Replies: 3