I can't connect to 5G network using Archer T3u plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-30 12:57:48
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I am using Archer t3uplus for 4 months now and suddenly it has stopped detecting any available wi-fi networks.

(AND< I have not shifted my place>)

I need to sit only next to wi-fi router to get the signal now. My other laptop with built in 5G is working perfectly well and connecting - So please don't say that its a router problem

Options
5 Reply
Re:I can't connect to 5G network using Archer T3u plus
2021-05-13 11:37:37 - last edited 2021-05-13 11:39:53

@Ralph_alpha Hello, 

Sorry for the late response, do you mean the 5Ghz signal becomes very weak on the computer using Archer T3U Plus, what is the signal strength on 5Ghz right now? 

How about the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi signal on Wi-Fi adapter? 

You could try a different Wi-Fi channel for 5Ghz to channel 36/40/44/48 and see if that helps.

Please uninstall your current driver and install the driver on official driver here:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t3u-plus/

Options
2021-05-13 13:08:41

@Solla-topee _ Hi, thanks much for taking time to reply.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the driver as well but the problem persists.

And, on the network - its both 5GHz and 2.4GHz that are not connecting.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Options
2021-05-19 02:45:11 - last edited 2021-05-19 02:45:24

@Ralph_alpha Hello, 

Thank you for your update! For your previous description, T3U could detect 5Ghz Wi-Fi, but the signal is very weak right ?

For 'its both 5GHz and 2.4GHz that are not connecting.'  do you means both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz signal are very weak, or you could see the wifi signal with full bar but it will not connect to that wifi, what is the Error message when you try to connect to that wifi? May I have a photo of the Error? 

Do you have different computer, please also install the chipset driver and try T3U on it. 

Options
2021-05-19 12:37:59

@Solla-topee 

Please find the screenshot. This is what appears. And, also i tried to connect the same networks of 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz using my other laptop with inbuilt 5G which connects perfectly well.

Options
2021-05-26 06:27:53 - last edited 2021-05-26 06:28:08

@Ralph_alpha Hello, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, the signal is too weak and this could be some hardware issue on your adapter. 

• You could enable hotspot and see if signal is also very weak on your computer.
  • You could try this adapter on a different computer if got one, if signal is still too weak, sorry for tell you this adapter is broken.

It  is recommended to contact local support or retailer to check warranty for it. 

Your understanding is much appreciated. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1045

Replies: 5