DHCP Problems on TL-WA901N in client Mode (device not compactible in network with DHCP server)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Problems on TL-WA901N in client Mode (device not compactible in network with DHCP server)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-30 15:44:31 - last edited 2021-04-30 16:12:36
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

i bought an Tl WA901N (yes N not ND) for use in client mode for giving a smart tv internet. 
The existing WLan has a dhcp server and i cant adjust the server. 

When i setup the acess point it let me choose only static or Smartip DHCP. When i choose smart IP the acess points acts as a DHCP server but only with the Network 192.168.0.0 in the wlan i see then the acess point with 192.168.0.254 adress in a 10.0.0.0 network. on the lan device i get a 192.168.0.0 adress.  I cant acess the gateway of course its different network. Why the ap not take adresses from existing DHCP server? and also it doesnt give DHCP request over the AP. 
When i configure a static adress the client on lan port cant even acess the AP more. Also the clients need a ip over Dhcp from my real gateway. 

in easy words the device is useless for client mode cause it doenst work in a network other than 192.168.0.0 :/
how come to adverse client mode when it doesnt work in most networks?
maybe someone has a solution?

firmware is updated to the newest

I would also have a WR940N too its a router so it could handle l3 conversion and could have 2 seperate networks. But im not sure if client mode would work on that anyone tried with standard routers with wan ports?

Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP Problems on TL-WA901N in client Mode (device not compactible in network with DHCP server)
2021-05-08 05:53:15 - last edited 2021-05-08 05:54:24

@herp Hello, 

In Client Mode, TL-WA901N connects to main router wirelessly and turn its own Wi-Fi off :

Router )))wireless(( WA901N ----<Ethernet>smart TV

From your description AP does not detect or connect to router sucessfully yet. After tp-link AP connects to router successfully and detects main router's DHCP, it's own smart DHCP will turn off. At that time, the network device will get an IP address from main router. 

Can you double-check the WiFi password of main router and set up AP again in Client/ range extender mode?  

If set up still failed, may I have a photo of the the model of your main router,  system log file of AP (system tools--save system log ) and a photo of AP status page, thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 952

Replies: 1