Massive issues following Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-30 20:37:37 - last edited 2021-05-02 12:18:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Have had a 5 unit M9 Plus Mesh for ~5 months. 

Worked seamlessly until latest Firmware update. 

Following download and update, all slave units periodically dropped in and out of connectivity (red flashing light on deco unit). 

Performed hard reset (manual) on main Deco, which then caused app to stop recognising prior setup network. Deleted and reinstalled app, same problem. 

So to test, set up second network. Main Deco plus one Slave. This worked for 15 minutes, before same problem. 

I now have two networks in my house: original one (which I am unable to reach as can't get past setup page through app) and secondary one which has the same problem as the original. 

All after the firmware update. 

Need advice on this! Have others had issues after Firmware update? 

Cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Massive issues following Firmware Upgrade-Solution
2021-05-02 12:11:03 - last edited 2021-05-02 12:43:09

@BMJO I have 3 Deco M9+ units. I was a bit reluctant to upgrade and I don't like using the mobile app, so I upgraded using a PC and the web browser interface via http://tplinkdeco.net/ . This worked fine here.  Maybe you can reset your units and upgrade that way.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Massive issues following Firmware Upgrade
2021-05-01 13:14:03 - last edited 2021-05-01 13:55:06

@BMJO 

I was reluctant to update my Deco M9s when I've got a notice of new firmware in Deco app, but I have not had issues after firmware update to 1.5.1. Haven't noticed difference in performance and stability. Satellite M9 stays connected.

I have 3-unit Deco mesh, one M5 and two M9s, maybe problems appear when Deco mesh has more units or runs under heavier load.

Also, my Satellite M9 unit has strong signal with Main M9, maybe when signal is weaker new firmware is not handling it well:

These are my Deco current firmware versions:

Options
Re:Massive issues following Firmware Upgrade-Solution
2021-05-02 12:11:03 - last edited 2021-05-02 12:43:09

@BMJO I have 3 Deco M9+ units. I was a bit reluctant to upgrade and I don't like using the mobile app, so I upgraded using a PC and the web browser interface via http://tplinkdeco.net/ . This worked fine here.  Maybe you can reset your units and upgrade that way.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-02 12:18:10

@cacb - thanks- this is the solution! I updated to 1.5.3 via the Upgrade utility on my Mac and it is now working!

Options
2021-05-06 11:24:47

@BMJO 

Hi, Thank you very much for all your feedback.

It is quite amazing and normally there would be no huge difference to update the firmware via Deco APP or web UI;

Later, if anyone fixed this issue via the same method, it would be highly appreciated that you could leave me a private message;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 4

Related Articles