Internet setting automatically reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-30 20:49:38
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V.20

I have been siring this modem for last few months and all of a sudden I see my internet is disconnected. When I Checked, all the lights are on in router. When I see the set up page , I notice all the settings of my router are gone. Then I set up from the start and internet was working fine but again after sometime the router reset all the setting automatically and this issue continues to happen . Why are my settings not being saved and why does it reset automatically. My firmware is also up to date as. Seen on set up page.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet setting automatically reset
2021-05-06 09:51:21

@Manofpeace 

Do you mean the router will restore to factory settings automatically? Was there any special operation or activity causing this auto-reset that you can notice?

You may reset the router to factory defaults manually again, reconfigure it from scratch to connect to the internet again, then monitor if the issue will happen again. Do pay attention to if this issue will happen with some specific operation like power off then on frequently, or anything special that you can observe.

Ensure the power adapter do match the power requirement of the router.

If the router restore to defaults again automatically without any clear clue, then contact the reseller or the local tech support to request a replacement if it is still under warranty:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles