Time tracking Bug in Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-02 03:26:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.7.9

There seems to be a bug in the date/day settings in Deco M4 and this is interfering with the parental timelimits that I am trying to enforce.

Context:

I have set up time limits for the kids profile (with 3 devices linked to this) for Bed time (7pm to 7am) and daily limits. The bed time control works without any issues but if I set the daily limit it stops all connections  and none of the kids devices are able to go online till I disable the daily limit. I suspect that something is wrong with the date check due to below:

(i) though all devices have connected on all the days, the number of device connected shows zero for most of the days:

(ii) Number of hours spent browsing shows as zero for most of the days when these devices are online and actively used on all days:

(iii) Time used shows as 31 hours on one of the days preceding the week in which I have zero reading on all days:

Hence, I suspect that the hours accumulated & compared with is using the wrong day and hence time limit for all the other days is showing as exceeded.

Request a fix for the above.

Thanks

rajesh

Options
3 Reply
Re:Time tracking Bug in Deco M4
2021-05-06 12:01:10

@deco-raju 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Did you have this issue all the time?

--if yes, please go to Deco APP>Overview>Help>contact us>suggestions and send us the APP log;

After that, if you did not set up any time limit, would the total connected devices and total online time be the same?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-08 13:53:59

@TP-Link 

Dear Sir/Madam,

TP-Link wrote

@deco-raju 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

--if yes, please go to Deco APP>Overview>Help>contact us>suggestions and send us the APP log;

After that, if you did not set up any time limit, would the total connected devices and total online time be the same?

Thank you very much.

>> I have owned the device for only a couple of months now and I have had this issue all the time

>> currently, I have not set any time limit. As you can see from the graphs, there is a variation , which lead me to suspect that there is some issue with the device. (the screenshots of the graphs were taken when there was no time limits set).

>> Will upload it shortly.

Options
2021-05-10 03:30:35

@deco-raju 

Hi, Thank you and I got the APP feedback logs and have forwarded your case to the senior engineer already;

Please check your mailbox later, and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 363

Replies: 3