Connection slow down after I turn off my PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-02 08:46:12
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

Hello,

I have a problem with my new TPLINK C6 router. Basically I have my PC and 2 set top boxes connected through wired connection. When I turn off my PC both wireless and wired connection gets drastically slown down (for set top boxes, only TV archive doesn't work), to the point where it's unusable. I tried turning off my PC and went to router setting through my phone and there was 0 wired clients (supposed to be 2) and wireless clients are as supposed to. When I turn back on my PC everything works fine.

Thanks for help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection slow down after I turn off my PC
2021-05-07 05:53:27

@LaggS 

May I know who is your ISP? What kind of connection type you are using on the C6? Is C6 the main router? Please kindly provide the detailed network layout, that how is the C6 connected to the network.

Are the set-top boxes and the PC are connected to the LAN ports of the C6? Are there any special settings on the C6 for the set-top boxes? Are the PC and set-top boxes obtaining IP address from the C6 automatically? When the PC is powered off, do the two set-top boxes still get the correct IP address? Are they still showing up under DHCP list or ARP list (Advanced >> Security >> IP & MAC Binding)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 1

Related Articles