M9 Plus - How to Force Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 08:08:06
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210125 Rel. 62679

Hi,

I have a home network of 4 DECO M9 Plus, with 3 or them working fine but the 4th one was initially added but powered-down later on as it was not really needed. At some point, I have removed it from the app while the DECO was off and this is where I probably did a mistake.

I would like to use it now somewhere else, but when it starts up, after the normal Solid Yellow which signifies booting, the LED Flashes Green (6 times ) before it goes to Solid Red.

I am thinking the unit still believes to be part of the old network and tries to connect to it, however, since I removed it from the app, the network is no longer accepting it.

I tried to reset it by pressing the Reset button for 1s but it has no effect. I tried holding it longer also without any success. 

If I connect it to a computer using an Ethernet Cable, I am able to access the Firmware Upgrade page. So, I downloaded the latest firmware which is the same lile on my other DECOs and loaded it apearently successfully but it did not make any difference.

If anyone has any idea about how I could bring this DECO unit back to life, please let me know.

Thanks,

Cornel.

Options
3 Reply
Re:M9 Plus - How to Force Reset
2021-05-05 08:43:35

@Cornel 

Hi,

Even after the firmware recovery, the Deco still could not get into blinking blue status, right?

By the way, may I know how long have you had the Deco?

Thank you.

Options
2021-05-05 16:01:23

@TP-Link Hi,

I had it since March 2019, like the other three that are working but this was mostly powered down and not used until recently when I wanted to put it to use.

Options
2021-05-06 03:45:31

@Cornel 

Thank you very much.

In this way, please try to contact the local warranty office to check for a warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/replacement-warranty/

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1770

Replies: 3

Related Articles