I can connect to my Archer C20, but there's no internet connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 17:12:02
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.1 Build 181127 Rel.56357n(4555)

Hi! I recently bought the Archer C20, and I've had some trouble trying to connect to the internet with it. I figured out that I have to input my static IP manually and I thought that would fix it. Seemingly it did, because all of the LED indicators are green, however, when I connect to the wifi, I have no internet connection. I've tried multiple times to reboot, reset, plug out and plug in the power and coaxial cable, I tried to clone my computer's MAC address. Even connecting my PC to the router with a cable doesn't work. I contacted my ISP and they said that everything I'm allowed to change my MAC address freely, but that there's no new device being registered. When I use my old router, the wifi works just fine. And now I have no idea what to do. I think I might just have to return the router and get a new one.

Options
1 Reply
Re:I can connect to my Archer C20, but there's no internet connection.
2021-05-06 08:25:54

@GibbyBoye 

What kind of WAN connection type you chose on the old router? Static IP or Dynamic? Please ensure you are choosing the same connection type on both the old router and on the C20.

If the old router can connect to the internet fine, you can try to clone that WAN MAC address to the C20, to see if that make a difference. BTW, who is your ISP? Are you able to get online if you connect the modem directly to a PC with cable? If yes, that means there is no limitation on the ISP modem; If no, you need to confirm with your ISP again, ensure there is no limitation or restriction for the devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1