USB Sharing - missing folders, missing files, jpg's showing as jfif

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 19:56:04
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20210205 rel.12759(5553)

I'm pulling my hair out at the root! I went through the settings and like the router, great router, but I am running into this issue with my 4TB WD Passport. Maybe I just don't understand what it is suppose to do? I want to see my WD Passport like it is when I have it plugged into my laptop, same file structure, same files. Shouldn't I be able to see my documents and such or is this only for images and videos?

I can see some images and videos but only a small amount of what I have on the drive through the USB Sharing of the router. The images are changed to jfif format instead of jpg, which is weird. Thanks for any help...

Options
2 Reply
Re:USB Sharing - missing folders, missing files, jpg's showing as jfif
2021-05-05 17:00:25

My cousin has the 5400, which is why I bought the 6000, his 5400 workewd flawlessly out of the box.

Something we have found is that it seems as if the 6000 is only using the media sharing and not showing up on my system as a backup drive. There is no drive letter for it, it simply doesn't exist. Seems that must be the issue here. I can access my media through the media player but not as if it were plugged directly into my pc, with a drive letter. I can also create a network location for it through FTP and it will show up as a network location.

Seems the only thing I am not getting is being able to have a drive letter as a backup drive to access the usb sharing as if it were directly connected to my pc.

Gear:
Alienware R17x
Windows 10

Tried two flash drives but had identical results on both

WD Passport 4TB
Gorilla 64GB

Hopefully this information helps...

Options
Re:USB Sharing - missing folders, missing files, jpg's showing as jfif
2021-05-06 07:52:42

@TerryInFlorida 

Hi, how many media files (images and videos) in this HDD? And how many files can be accessed via DLNA server?

Can you check if you have the same problem when you access the AX6000's Media Server (not the SMB network share) via "Windows Media Player"?

Is there a hidden folder named ".TPDLNA" on the USB disk that contains a file "files.db"? You could try to delete that *.db file (or rename or move, if you want to keep it for later) and then replug the HDD to your router and check if that makes any difference.

BTW, what is the format of this HDD?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 2