TL-WA860RE makes main router to drop the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 09:55:06 - last edited 2021-05-07 07:51:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-WA860RE(EU)_V6_201102

Hello 10 days ago I bought a new TL-WA860RE V6 to use it as an extender to my main router which is TP-LINK Archer VR600v v2.

Ever since I connected the extender to my main router, the main router loses the connection to the internet, and after some minutes  the internet comes back again.

This happens several times every day.

The TL-WA860RE V6 had already the latest firmware but in case I reset it, downloaded again the latest version and reinstalled it.

I also updated the TP-LINK Archer VR600v v2 to the latest version but the problem still exists.

I unplugged the extender for 2 day and the was no internet drop.

I reconnected the extender back the connection button was green and 5min later the main router loses the connection to the internet.

I usually connect 1 device in the extender or nothing and the problem still occurs. 

I tried having the same name as the main router and even different name as (example)EXT for the extender but same problem.

Now this device is worthless because it makes my main router unusable too.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA860RE makes main router to drop the internet-Solution
2021-05-07 06:59:53 - last edited 2021-05-07 07:51:16

@Solla-topee Hello, yes the modem had the latest firmware. When the internet went off, all devices connected didn't have internet and the lights for the internet in the modem was turned off and trying to recconect.

I contacted the TP-Link support by phone in Greece and they told me to go to the extender settings and in the network session to TURN OFF the DHCP Server and it seems to have solved the problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA860RE makes main router to drop the internet
2021-05-07 06:13:27

@Spyko Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

Please confirm your modem firmware is also up to date: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-vr600/#Firmware

Can you help confirm some details to locate the problem, thank you very much!

• When modem lost Internet, how about the Leds status on modem? 
  • Did all the device lose Internet from main router at the same time?
  • At that time please login to Modem's web page by "tplinkmodem.net" and send us a photo of Status page (including DSL status).
  • And save the modem log from Advanced--system tools and send the log for us. 
  • How does the Internet recover on modem, do you need to reboot modem or it will work again automatically? 

Options
Re:TL-WA860RE makes main router to drop the internet-Solution
2021-05-07 06:59:53 - last edited 2021-05-07 07:51:16

@Solla-topee Hello, yes the modem had the latest firmware. When the internet went off, all devices connected didn't have internet and the lights for the internet in the modem was turned off and trying to recconect.

I contacted the TP-Link support by phone in Greece and they told me to go to the extender settings and in the network session to TURN OFF the DHCP Server and it seems to have solved the problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-WA860RE makes main router to drop the internet
2021-05-07 07:51:09

@Spyko  Thanks a lot for your update. If so, it looks like the problem is on range extender's Wi-Fi network, not the main modem. 

Please kindly observe the performance and enjoy the Internet 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 3