Deco M5 - Issues since firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 13:56:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel.68223

Since updating the firmware on my Deco M5 system in recent weeks, the internet access speed has slowed considerably across my house, individual deco's on the system (9 in total) are periodically dropping out and most recently I've discovered that I can no longer use a work VPN as the Deco system is preventing it connecting with my work VPN server.  

Is there a firmware update being issued shortly which may help address the above problems?

If not, can you please provide information on how I can downgrade to the previous firmware version which was running very smoothly with none of the above issues. 

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Issues since firmware update
2021-05-05 15:26:21
@SimonG Firmware 1.5.4 already available on the tp link website, you can try if this solves your issue https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m5/v3/#Firmware
Options
2021-05-05 16:03:27

@jthcomputers Thanks for coming back to me on this but I can only see version 1.5.3 on the download page (Download for Deco M5 | TP-Link United Kingdom)

Options
2021-05-05 16:05:43
Just found it via the US download site. I'll give it a go, thx
Options
2021-05-06 06:39:17 - last edited 2021-05-06 06:49:02

@SimonG 

Hi, Since the official firmware 1.5.4 for the EU version has not been released yet, it is not recommended to update the 1.5.4 US version;

For your current issue, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would any Deco turn red when the connection dropped out?
  2. Could you please provide me a picture of the floor map of the 9* Deco units about their location as well distance to each other?
  3. Did all the Deco have a slow speed and how much speed you could get at that time? was the speedtest on the Deco APP still normal?

And if you want to downgrade the firmware back to  1.5.1, the steps were the same as upgrading the firmware:

Upload the firmware for 1.5.1 for each Deco on the web UI and hit firmware upgrade;

Thank you.

Options
2021-05-06 11:22:39

@TP-Link 

The Firmware available on the us website supports multiple regions include eu, canada ,japan etc you can download and check yourself. The firmware should have been posted on eu region website as well but it was not posted. I have seen this on numerous occasion that the english firmware of deco m5  and m9 supports multiple regions but sometimes the link is not updated on regional website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1356

Replies: 5

Related Articles