Virgin Hub 3, Deco M5, and Teams

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 12:43:58 - last edited 2021-05-06 12:47:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I just moved and needed to extend wifi through to my study. I chose to pick up two TP-Link Deco M5s, which now give me full bars coverage everywhere I need it with one big issue: Teams video calls, which stall every few seconds.

I have put my Hub 3 in modem mode, and have one 1 wired via ethernet and one upstairs. I have also turned off SIP ALG. these things have helped a lot, if I don't have my video on its reduced to far more intermittent. 

Is there anyway to fix this, or is this an issue between Virgin and these hubs? Should I return them and find something better suited? 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin Hub 3, Deco M5, and Teams
2021-05-07 02:43:19

@jakobem 

Hi,

Which device that you have installed the Microsoft Team calls?

Here are some suggestions for you:

1. Enable the guest network for 5ghz only with a different SSID for the Team calls;
  2. Turn off the Mesh technology on the Deco APP for this device;
  3. Put this device to high priority and enable streaming and chatting under QoS;

After that, if there is no difference, please leave me a private message and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1