Deco Parental Controls Blocking Amazon Fire Kids

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 10:41:40 - last edited 2021-05-07 10:44:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 build 20210203

Hi,

I'm having an issue where features of my children's Amazon Fire Kids tablets are blocked when age appropriate Deco parental settings (Child) are set up.

Amazon have a chargable service where it curates age appropriate content for them to download but these downloads are blocked if I set the devices to the "Child" profile - they work as expected if I set them to "Pre-teen"

Is there a way to adjust the "child" profile to allow the Amazon Fire Kids service to function?

Kind Regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Parental Controls Blocking Amazon Fire Kids
2021-05-08 06:20:16

@Kev205 

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you please go to parental control profile>insight>history and help me find the hyperlinks for Amazon kids service so that we can check whether it has been wrong-categorized;

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email, and please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-08 07:02:02 - last edited 2021-05-08 07:06:39

@TP-Link thanks for looking into this for me.

I'm happy to post the hyperlinks but there are hundreds of them 😁

It appears that the Amazon Kids service is just an overlay and the hyperlinks seem to refer to the multiple services it pulls content from - YouTube - Amazon Prime - Amazon app store for example.

It could be that it's impossible for the TPlink parental filter to differentiate between content obtained via the Amazon Fire Kids interface or otherwise - but I would appreciate you looking into it for me.

Could it just be a case of removing 1 or 2 of the sub filters in the tp link "child" filter to make the Amazon Fire Kids devices work?

Kind regards

Options
2021-05-08 07:08:03

@Kev205 

Thank you for the reply.

I will keep the engineers informed and consult what they could do for us.

It might take some time to find a suitable solution;

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 525

Replies: 3

Related Articles