What router should I buy for a garden room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 18:08:58

Looking to get internet connection in a garden room which needs to provide WiFi to a smart tv, laptop, iPad and iPhone.

I am having a CAT 6 cable installed from the modem through to the garden room.

I'm totally useless at tech stuff so haven't a clue what router I need to buy.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are these things easy to set up?

Any other useful information anyone can give would be fantastic.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:What router should I buy for a garden room?
2021-05-10 07:47:31

@Spudette 

Does this CAT 6 cable in the garden room give you an internet connection? You may test this first by connecting a computer directly to it. If there is internet access, then you can connect a wireless router to that cable, and there will be internet access on the router. Any router would be working in this case, you can just check if you have additional requirements, such as wireless speed, dual-band, etc., then you can choose one that meets your requirements:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/buying-guide/

Options
Re:What router should I buy for a garden room?
2021-05-12 18:49:57

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your reply and for the link.

The garden room should be complete in a couple of days so will be able to check connection then.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 2

Related Articles