Unable to Disable guest wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-09 16:37:03
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My Deco's are running in Access point mode. A while ago I enabled the guest WiFi to try it out, quickly found it doesn't segregate the traffic in Access point mode so didn't use it.

But I forgot to disable it.

Now when j try to disable the guest WiFi from the app it just pops up a message stating "Phone or tablet disconnected" and then leaves the guest WiFi enabled.

I really need to switch it off since j didn't put any security on it while I was trying it, meaning my network is currently wide open to passersby

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to Disable guest wifi
2021-05-09 18:27:12
I fixed it with a reboot of all 3 devices, possibly a bug, since it was also holding the CPU at 100% constantly.
Options
2021-05-10 05:50:42

@Rocketpants 

Thank you for the update;

As for the CPU usage, did a fresh on the web UI temporarily make the CPU drop to normal level?

And is there any specific issue when the CPU reached 100%, like ping spike, slow speed, or unstable internet connection?

It is recommended to have a test of the following firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-10 06:17:39

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see how it goes for a few weeks.

The CPU seems to be back to normal fluctuating around 30% since the reboot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 3

Related Articles