Internet not working in a new TP-Link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 10:16:09
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Helping my mother with her new internet in a area where internet isnt available, I brought my old TP-Link Archer C9 out just incase.

Using the newer router she has the a6, the tether app setup worked and we set dynamicIP,no clone etc, but it cannot connect to her internet. The globe icon is orange. After numerous factory resets we gave up.

I hooked the C9 i had to it and did not need any setup, and it just worked, all blue lights, wifi worked, 16mbps, wired works, shes happy. We returned the a6 to amazon for replacement thinking it was a bad router, turns out the new one can't connect to internet either. Wtf?

We connected to the routers own network to run setup in Tether, did it all by the book, and it never could see internet. I'm not a complete newcomer to routers and stuff as a gamer, but I was just stumped and couldnt think of what to do, I hooked the archer c9 back up and all is well called it a day.. Is there anything I can do or anyone have any advice? I'd really like her to use a newer router, as her house may be a enemy with having a tin roof and all. We also want to Nanostation her wifi around 150ft to share with.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet not working in a new TP-Link router
2021-05-11 08:02:48

@joosewaus 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP? Do you have internet access when you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem?

Kindly show us the Status page on the A6 when it is connected to the modem, if there is a WAN IP address, please try to change the DNS server on the A6 internet to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the A6 then confirm.

If there is no WAN IP address on the A6, please check this guide to do some basic troubleshooting:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1