Zigbee Compatibility of Deco M9 plus

2021-05-10 11:04:25 - last edited 2022-02-21 07:08:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco M9 plus could act as a Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth/ Zigbee hub for smart home devices, users can refer to this article to add your smart devices to the Deco network:

Can I control my smart device through the Deco app?

This is the Deco M9 Plus Smart Home Device Compatible Listhttps://www.tp-link.com/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/.

Nowadays, more and more IoT devices are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible while Zigbee devices have a limited market share. Since there is no updated plan for more compatible devices yet and if you have tested a Zigbee compatible device already, it is highly appreciated sharing the detailed models with more users.

For example:

Region

model

UK

4257050-RZHAC

Notice: The compatible models are shared by our customers for reference only, and We can’t 100% guarantee it would work well with Deco M9 Plus.

Related Questions:

Q: Can I disable the Zigbee signal of Deco M9 Plus?

A: No, it is enabled by default and could not be disabled.

Q: Can I use other ZigBee hubs? Would it conflict with Deco M9 plus?

A: Yes, you can have your own Zigbee hubs, like the Wi-Fi network, there would be interference between different hubs, but it would not affect the normal usage of Zigbee hubs.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Zigbee Compatibility of Deco M9 plus
2021-11-19 11:07:20

@TP-Link 

Once using another zigbee hub (compatible with Tuya smart life), can I use the M9 zigbee capabilities to expand the zigbee signal in the house but in that same zigbee network? 

Options
2021-12-09 05:07:55

@TP-Link 

As Luis stated above, would it be possible to do so? 

Secondly, is the M9plus's zigbee network able to Intergrated into homeassistant? 

Options
2022-02-09 09:38:16

@TP-Link Let's be honest:
M9 Plus has Zigbee and USB and many users gave more money for it (and not M5 for example) because of this, but:

- Zigbee Hub is useless and uncompatible with anything, except TP-Link Products, which are not actually Smart and they are very limited

- USB Port was promised to be for "future use", now TP-Link states it is only for 5V output (still saying that 10$ TP-Link has more USB possibilities than Decos)

- M5 has MUCH MORE software support and updates, actually it even simulates Mesh (which other Decos like M9 Plus can't, because they are not Mesh, as stated in my topic)

So Deco M9 is just piece of plastic, which is useless =) 

Congratulations to all the users who fu* up for the frivolous support and the bad company. which spews unfinished products on the market with fake advertising.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-05-26 16:54:03

@Momcho TPLink can we have the option to disable Zigbee on the M9Plus. Is such a useless feature with limited compatibility and yet you do not allow users to the option to disable it. This is really bad!!! On the verge of getting rid of it... 

Options
2022-09-05 14:17:23

@Momcho @TP-Link this is just nuts. 

I'm on the same scenario - bought the M9 Plus instead of other brands because, among other reasons, I thought I could extend my home automation scenario with Zigbee devices.

Oh, was I wrong. 

I mean, what's the meaning of having a different network on the device to connect to Zigbee if IT ONLY SUPPORTS TP-LINK DEVICES???? 

What's the meaning of having it on if it's USELESS for most users? Why can't we disable that???? 

At least I guess we can use the USB port to power a decent Zigbee dongle. But good luck with the interference. 

Frustrated Deco M9 Plus owner looking for an actual Zigbee+Mesh solution. Expensive plastic weights...
Options
2023-07-21 23:23:32

@TP-Link I'm new here and just trying to get connected. I've got my Zigbee Sengled Bulbs connected and working through the Deco m9 app. How can I control them using either Alexa or Siri now? Apple seems to require that I use the Sengled Home app but it doesn't find the bulbs because the Deco hub isn't a Sengled hub. Please tell me there is a way! Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 12684

Replies: 6

Related Articles