Deco X60 setup with both Wifi and Cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 13:44:06
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi there, is it actually possible to connect the Main Deco to the first Slave by Wifi, and the first and second Slave by cable?

So the setup would be like this:

<main deco> - - - - - (wifi signal) - - - - - <first slave>---------(ethernet cable)-----------<second slave>

For me it is impossible to connect the main and first by cable. The second slave is the furthest away but is now connected to the first slave by cable.

When I check in the app, the second slave still is connected by wifi to the main deco (with poor signal quality). Shouldn't it switch to the cabled first slave, which has a strong wifi connection with the main?

Of course it should also connect to the first deco by wifi but it doesn't. This problem is mentioned many times here so I think will be fixed short term.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 setup with both Wifi and Cable
2021-05-11 02:04:59

@Bleekster 

Hi, Did the Deco X60 work on the access point mode or wireless router mode?

Would you mind trying the following suggestions:

1. change a different cable for test;

2. swap the location of the two satellite Deco units;

Thank you.

Options
2021-05-12 06:24:28

@TP-Link 

It is working on Router mode.

Suddenly yesterday my 2nd Slave was connected to the 1st slave (by Wifi). I had never seen this before and I hadn't change anything up to this point.

Because it was still saying it wasn't connected by cable (although it is), I tried your suggestions:

1. Unfortunately the cable is in the walls so I cannot change it. I can confirm it works by connecting my laptop to it directly (and have internet).
  2. I swapped the 1st and 2nd slaves but still nu cabled connection.

Now the 2nd Deco is again connecting to the Main (with poor connection) and not to the 1st..

Options
2021-05-13 06:27:37

@Bleekster 

Thank you very much for the kind reply.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

At the same time, I do have one more issue: The Ethernet connection between the two satellite Deco units inside the wall, would it be any chance based on the Media converter, or just the normal Ethernet cables build inside the wall? or based on any Network switches? For example

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 3

Related Articles