How to make one satellite deco connect to another satellite deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 16:52:04
Model: Deco M3W  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.4/1.0.6

my house can be divided into 2 halfs. the general house (living room kitchen dining room etc) and then the part of the house with rooms and bathrooms. there is thick wall between the 2 halfs and i have my decos set up like this: the main one is in the center more or less, there is one satellite (m3w) in the living room and another satellite (also m3w) in the other part of the house. the satellite in the other part of the house doesnt provide enough coverage to reach my room so i want to take the living room satellite and put it in my room to get wifi. the problem is the 2nd satellite (the one i want to put in my room) doesn't connect to the first satellite when it is in my room, instead it tries to connect to the main deco which is too far away from my room to get signal. 

so how do i make the 2nd satellite connect to the 1st satellite instead of the main deco. then the 1st satellite can connect to the main deco and provide connection to the 2nd deco.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to make one satellite deco connect to another satellite deco
2021-05-11 05:36:59

@s1mpp 

Hi, Have you tried to power off the main Deco and only leave 2 Deco M3W and check whether the signal source could be changed to the first M3W;

Then power back the main Deco later;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2039

Replies: 1

Related Articles