TP-Link Archer C6 slow wi-fi.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-11 11:28:38
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

I have 1gb/s internet that I have been using for quite some time now. But my laptops internet cable port is kind of messed up so I basically can't move my laptop at all or move the cable in anyway without losing internet connection. I ended up deciding to go for wi-fi router and accepting added ping.

So while I have internet cable attached to my laptop (going trough the router lan port) I have 0ms 800+mb/s download and upload. But trough wi-fi I get 2ms and around 300mb/s download and upload. 

What's up with that? Where does more than half of my internet speed disappear?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C6 slow wi-fi.
2021-05-11 16:40:10
I also checked channels and there is no one else using 5ghz to begin with. Not to mention the same channel that I'm using.
Options
2021-05-12 01:47:06

@Sino 

Please check and show us the link speed on the laptop when it is connected to the 5G network, you can check it as this if it is a computer:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

BTW, can you please also tell me the brand and model number of the adapter on it?

Have you tried to modify the 5G wireless settings on the C6, such as wireless channel and channel width? It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

It is also suggested trying to test the 5G connection on a phone or another computer, then it will help locate the issue.

Options
2021-05-12 02:27:40

@Kevin_Z 

For some reason it shows that link speed is 433mb/s.

What adapter? I'm using Dell Inspiron laptop. If you meant wifi adapter. I haven't change any settings. Checked the channels and there sometimes pops up one like 100m away from me. But I couldn't find where I can change channel settings.

And it's the same speed for my phone.

Options
2021-05-12 02:30:14
Laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 4

Related Articles