Bad performance, bad coverage, no dns, no ...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-12 19:29:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi all...

I bought a 3-pack with Deco M9+ a couple of months ago, and it has been a big disappointment. I might have to swithch to another brand, as they fail to deliver basic functionality.

1) The network-performance is terrible, especially when in routing mode. This counts for both wired and wifi, where max when next to the main router is around 500 Mb/sek. PC directly to cheap router delivered by internet-provider is 900 Mb/sek.

2) If i set up wan with vlan - which i have to if i dont want the extra router provided by my ISP - I cannot use the second port in the Deco. How brilliant is that?

3) The Deco router cannot act as internal dns server for devices connected to the Deco network. First router i have ever met without this function, and it makes it unusable for all my smarthome devices.

4) The Deco performs 20% better in AP-mode, but then the ability to reserver ip-adresses to devices is lost. The coverage is still not impressive.

If You do a search on Deco Mx and performance, you will see that it is a general issue with this box.

Best Regards, A Customer Who Feels Cheated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bad performance, bad coverage, no dns, no ...
2021-05-13 02:49:14

@No_More_Deco 

Hi,

2) For the wan with vlan, the second port for Deco could still be used to connect a wired laptop or other Ethernet devices;

There are more details about IPTV/VLANhttps://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2421/

3) We have received some feedback about internal DNS resolution and it has been reported to the R&D department for further consideration;

4) When Deco is on the access point mode, it no longer works as a DHCP server so there would not be address reservation since all the IP address are assigned by the main router;

Back to the speed issue, have you checked which Wi-Fi band you are connected to, 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

Could you please help me test the Ethernet speed from the main Deco as well?

If the speed is also limited to 500m/s, we would love to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 1