Windows 10 not connecting wirelessly to main M9 Plus unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 15:49:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi,

I have a Deco M9Plus setup in my house (3 units). ISP is Virgin. The Virgin router is in Modem mode and the main M9 unit connected to it via ethernet. I have a TP-Link switch connected to the other ethernet port on the main M9 unit - this handles some other wired connections around the house.

The setup works well and is a massive improvement on having Powerline Wifi extenders all over the house. That is, apart from one Windows 10 laptop. It is in the same room as the main M9 unit and works well when wired, but if I unplug the ethernet cable from it I can't get connected to the internet. It initially connects to the wireless network, gets an IP address, but doesn't get internet access, and then finally it disconnects again. If I move the laptop to another room then it connects fine to the wireless network via one of the other M9 units. However, go back to the same room as the main M9 unit and the same connect, no internet, disconnect nonsense happens again. Other devices - ipad, phone all connect wirelessly fine to the main M9 unit.

Anyone seen anything like this and know how to sort? It's not a huge problem but is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance

Colin

Options
3 Reply
Re:Windows 10 not connecting wirelessly to main M9 Plus unit
2021-05-17 06:13:23

@ColinW 

Hi, could you please help me check the detailed information about this device when it is connected to the main Deco:

You may obtain the information of your PC’s network adapter from here: (For Windows PC only)

1. Press WIN+R on the keyboard, type in “cmd” and enter, you will see a small black window.
  2. In the small black window, type in “ipconfig /all” and press enter, the information of your network adapters will be printed.
  3. Please copy the whole content of this window while contacting us, this information would be more helpful when troubleshooting this issue.

And were you able to repeat this issue every time when this laptop was trying to connect the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-17 19:33:14

@TP-Link 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Rather than posting the full output from ipconfig /all is there something in particular that you want to see? I just don't want to post the output to a public forum.

Just to give you an update...

1. When wired, I have no problems.
  2. If I disconnect my ethernet cable when in the same room as the main deco unit, and try to connect via wifi, I maintain the same IP address as I had when wired - 192.168.68.116 - but do not have any internet access.
  3. If I move to another room and try to connect to wifi, I manage to connect to a different deco unit (I can see this through the mobile app), and get the same IP address but now have internet access.
  4. If I can maintain connection to this unit everything is fine but if I lose connection and end up going via the main unit again then I can't get internet access.

Is there a portion of the logs that may help diagnose this? I can see mention of my MAC address but not sure what to look for.

Thanks

Colin

Options
2021-05-18 01:13:01

@ColinW 

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Please have a check of your email box later.

Options