How to block internet access from device connected to lan?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 15:11:45
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would like to know how to let a device connected to the LAN network not have access to the WAN network, sometimes we can have applications that do not need internet access and so far I haven't found out, unfortunately the only option that is not viable is the block list, but it blocks the device from both accessing the WAN and the LAN, preventing it from taking IP addressing.

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to block internet access from device connected to lan?
2021-05-18 02:29:01

@Hildimar 

How about you set a static IP address on that device, but leave the gateway blank, will that match your requirement?

Options
2021-05-18 02:46:52

@Kevin_Z unfortunately not, it could have this option in the routers system and in the Android application, since it would be of great value, or it could have both options, one to block intruders and the other to block users only access to the internet ... one An example of this is that I have several security cameras that I do not want to have access to the internet, but currently when I put them on the block list they do not work internally because they do not take IP addressing .. it would be interesting for developers to bring a practical solution to this problem.

Options
2021-05-18 03:23:59

@Hildimar 

Do you mean setting a static IP on the security camera without a gateway doesn't work? 

As for your suggestion, I'm afraid there is currently no plan to support that, but we will keep an eye on this kind of feedback.

Options
2021-05-18 03:33:00

@Kevin_Z when you say to put only a static IP, can I do this procedure through the router? does it allow this kind of advanced IP-only configuration without the gateway? if so, I haven't done that test yet, it could be a palliative measure, but not the ideal one. usually by purchasing a router of this size Archer AX73, it could come with very advanced functions of this type.

Options
2021-05-18 07:02:35

@Hildimar 

Nope, I mean configuring a static IP address manually on the security camera, not on the router. Let's say, if the router LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1, and all the devices in the network are getting IP address in the 192.168.0.x subnet, you can manually assign a static IP settings on the camera settings by using 192.168.0.123, 255.255.255.0, leave the gateway blank, this would meet your requirement to block its internet access.

Options
2021-05-20 18:14:15

@Kevin_Z unfortunately this is neither feasible nor functional, maybe the company could update the routers accordingly, it is a pity not to have this type of configuration, especially on a router like these archer ax73.

Options
2021-05-21 19:07:54

@Kevin_Z The developers could leave a type of block to prevent access to the internet to certain devices and an equal to the access list, making a black list of devices not authorized to access the router by wi-fi or cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2080

Replies: 7

Related Articles