Google devices on AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Google devices on AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Google devices on AX73
Google devices on AX73
2021-05-16 22:01:19
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200907 rel.76867(4555)

Hey TP-Link and community,

I recently received my Archer AX73 and it looks great. Running the quick setup was easy and connecting with laptops and phones has been hassle free. On these devices I receive full bandwith (500/500 Mb/s).

When it came to setting up my Google devices I have yet to succeed. I own a Chromecast Ultra, Google Home Mini (1. gen) and a speaker supporting cast audio. In the router GUI I can see the devices all receive ip-adresses and the mac adresses are listed. A couple of things work though, through the Google Home android app i can cast the phone screen and through Chrome on my laptop I can cast the laptop screen. But when it comes to apps like Spotify, Twitch and Youtube there is luck, the Chromecast can't connect to the services.

The Chromecast Ultra is connected to the 5Ghz as it was on my older router.

I have been searching on the forums and tried the following:

Turning AP isolation off (it was off by default).

IPv6 enabled and disabled.

Disabling 2.4 Ghz.
OFDMA tried with both enable and disable.

Smart Connect tried with enable and disable.

Group Key Update Period is 0.

Changed DNS.

Is there some kind of magical combination of the above I haven't tried? or is the firmware not compatable with these devices yet? 

Thanks,
Robert

Options
6 Reply
Re:Google devices on AX73
2021-05-17 16:16:48 - last edited 2021-05-17 16:19:45

@RobertGN 
The plot thickens... 
Now more applications work including Netflix and Disney+. Though many applications are still not working etc Spotify, YouTube and Twitch.

Current settings:

• Changed network mode on both 2.4 and 5 GHz from 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed to 802.11b/g/n. (Shame to turn off wifi 6, but such is it).
  • Turned off Smart Connect.
  • Security on both frequencies are WPA/WPA2-Personal with version WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
  • AP Isolation off.

Hope you can help me,
Robert

EDIT:
Netflix is not working anymore

Options
2021-05-18 02:38:12

@RobertGN 

Can you please try to disable the 5G network on the AX73, let all the devices connect to the 2.4G, then confirm if they will work.

Please also check if there is an Onemesh on/off switch on the router web GUI, try to disable it.

Options
2021-05-18 05:45:47 - last edited 2021-05-18 16:14:30

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

I tried turning off OneMesh and now the internet LED on the router keep showing Orange. I've restarted the router both by leaving it unplugged for 10 min and the indented reset button. 

My ISP says the internet is working on their end.

Did I just brick my router?

/Robert

EDIT: 
I did not brick the router and the ISP is at fault for this one, it was just crazy timing with me turning off OneMesh and ISP net went down.

Options
2021-05-18 06:50:08

@RobertGN 

Generally, if the internet LED is orange, that just states it disconnects from the internet, you may check again the internet parameter settings on the router to see if it can connect back.

BTW, who is your ISP? What kind of connection type you are using on the router? Try to reset the router on more time by pressing and holding the RESET button until all LEDs flash off then on, reconfigure it from scratch, then check again.

Options
2021-05-18 16:24:55 - last edited 2021-05-19 05:12:43

@Kevin_Z 

I have turned off 5 Ghz, and it did not change the application that work. But it does occasionally loose connection.
I have disabled ax.
When I turn on IPv6 the Chromecast can't connect to the network, so I turned that off again.

Apps that currently work, when casting from both Android or Chrome (windows):

Youtube
Spotify

Disney+ 
Mirroring of own screen/tab
Google Photos

Apps that don't:
Twitch

Netflix

Viaplay

By looking at wireshark I can't seem to find the pattern.

Edit: 

To specify, the apps that don't work can be opened on the Chromecast, it shows their respective splash screen with logo. When I pick a video to watch it loads forever.

/Robert

Options
2021-05-19 01:27:01

@RobertGN 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1006

Replies: 6

Related Articles