TP Link and Apple Airport

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 08:51:03
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I am having trouble with setting up home network.

I have a router and then three cables running to three rooms. If i use the extenders as access points, they tend to work.

However, if i run one cable into Apple aiport (which can create a wifi and then also has 3 cables coming out from it) the system breaks down.

It shows that wifi is there but there is no internet. The Airport utility shows the tplink start page/DNS nuber 192.168.0.254 as "internet". So it wants a login and probably thats why the internet isnt working. So the extenders/access points are doing something with Apple Airport.

Would it. be possible to have such a setup work? 

Cable 1 from router to Access point 1 on WA855RE

Cable 2 from router to Access point 2 on WA855RE

Cable 3 to Apple Airport. From there Cable 3-1 to appleTV, cable 3-2 to another device and then eihter another Access point on WA855RE OR have apple create its own wifi.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link and Apple Airport
2021-05-19 07:36:53

@AndresMartin Hello,

Before you plug in Apple Airport, please check the IP address if your 855RE on router’s client list, make sure there is no IP conflict with apple router.

If you unplug TL-WA855REs, and only connect main router ---Airport, does your network break down? 

As you have a main router, and Airport is also a router,  to simply your network topology, it is recommended to change Airport in to AP mode (turn off DHCP) with the help of Apple support. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1504

Replies: 1

Related Articles