Configuring to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 19:19:47
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Following an Apple software upgrade I have the message 'Weak Security ... if this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 security type'. Would appreciate a walk through as to how to do that.  I have the App on my phone but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it from that. Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuring to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3
2021-05-18 07:56:45 - last edited 2021-05-18 07:57:25

@Somersetboy 

May I know the hardware version of the M7350? Is it V5 or V6.20 or the older version? If it is V5 or V6.20, you can login to the modem web GUI to change the wireless security settings, go to Wireless settings page to change the security type to WPA-PASK/WPA2-PSK AES, save and reboot the router. 

How to login to the web GUI? Check this guide: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/783/.

If you cannot find this option, please check again you are running the latest firmware on the M7350. The latest version for V5 is M7350(EU)_V5_201019:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/m7350/v5/#Firmware

Options
Re:Configuring to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3
2021-07-20 17:55:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, sorry for pinching this thread

I was wondering if there are any plans to add AES security for M7350 v3.  I don't have this option currently.  The firmware is up to date.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but since the upgrade to iOS 14 on my iPad 11 Pro it'll manage a couple of pages of internet through my tp router then really struggles to load anything.  I've been using this router since 2016 in this country and abroad and it's been great until iOS 14.

Do any of your latest mifi products have AES security as I can't see any that states this in their specifications and I don't want to buy a new product I'f I'm going to have the same result.

I look forward to hearing from you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3717

Replies: 2