Deco X20 Can't download files on Chrome and Edge on different laptops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 21:11:27 - last edited 2021-05-24 02:41:56
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54794

My configuration:

3 x Deco X20 satellites connected with lan/eth 1GB cable

laptop connected with the LAN cable directly into one Deco

Problem:

Even the sites are opening very fast.

I have a problem with downloading some files using the Edge or Chrome browser on 3 different laptops.

There is always a message Network Error. Sometimes after few tries, it downloads, sometimes it goes 10% and breaks, other times it breaks after 1 second. Sometimes after 4,5 tries it downloads, but there are also situation that I am not able to download file and I need to switch to my phones wifi router to download the file, instead of using Deco.

It looks like something is blocking the download of some types of files. However I don't have any parental control profile assigned to my laptop, I have turned off the Antivirus shield in the Deco App.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 Can't download files on Chrome and Edge on different laptops-Solution
2021-05-22 12:59:09 - last edited 2021-05-24 02:41:56
Hi, This is the standard "Failed - network error" in Chrome. https://cdn.appuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/1-161.png Sometimes few retries resolved the problem. But recently I couldn't download many files. At the time it happened, I have checked the ping, dns, internet speed connection and everything was ok, that's why I posted this message. However yesterday I had a total outage of internet. And now it works properly, so I assume it was my internet provider problems. You can close/remove this post.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Can't download files on Chrome and Edge on different laptops
2021-05-20 03:44:18

@Rafal_ 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Except for the 3 laptops, did you also have the same issue on other mobile devices?

Can I have a picture of the error message when downloading failed?---or It would be highly appreciated that you could also record a video clip during downloading files;

Could you please refer to this link to change the DNS server to see whether it helped or not:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

Did this issue occur to all kinds of files on the Chrome/Edge, or some specific files?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco X20 Can't download files on Chrome and Edge on different laptops-Solution
2021-05-22 12:59:09 - last edited 2021-05-24 02:41:56
Hi, This is the standard "Failed - network error" in Chrome. https://cdn.appuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/1-161.png Sometimes few retries resolved the problem. But recently I couldn't download many files. At the time it happened, I have checked the ping, dns, internet speed connection and everything was ok, that's why I posted this message. However yesterday I had a total outage of internet. And now it works properly, so I assume it was my internet provider problems. You can close/remove this post.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 721

Replies: 2