Extend Deco P9 Poweline to include an AV1000 device e.g. AV1000 2 Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extend Deco P9 Poweline to include an AV1000 device e.g. AV1000 2 Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-20 09:31:10

Hello,

I have a fully working Deco P9 three station setup with an Ethernet link to the home router.

All I need to know is whether I can get e.g. a 'TL-PA7027P KIT' which is an AV1000 device (i.e. same Powerline standard) with Ethernet ports so I can place my router elsewhere and still connect to the AV1000 backhaul network without having to get another Deco P9 to plug it into. The place I want it is already covered by Wifi from the other units and that area does not need Wifi anyway.

Essentially an M3W with an ethernet port on would be perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Options
4 Reply
Re:Extend Deco P9 Poweline to include an AV1000 device e.g. AV1000 2 Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit
2021-05-21 05:39:23

@crispyweet 

Hi, in case there is any misunderstanding, please help me check the following details:

Did you want to use the TL-PA7027Pkit to replace one of the satellite Deco P9 to provide an Ethernet connection only for this place which has been covered by the Wi-Fi already?

--If yes, then it is ok;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Extend Deco P9 Poweline to include an AV1000 device e.g. AV1000 2 Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit
2021-05-21 14:14:38

@TP-Link 

Hello and thanks for your reply.

To make sure - I will set out the idea again.

Where I am moving the router to I need to re-connect to an existing Deco P9 again over the router ethernet port. I thought if I use a regular Powerline adapter at the router side will the device access the existing backhaul PLC network and allow the router to join? Or more likely can I use a pair of Powerline adapters and re-connect the Main deco over Powerline Ethernet -- PLC Mains wiring --- Powerline Ethernet to the router switch port?

I chose the TL-PA7027Pkit as it is available (and are cheaper) and uses the same Powerline speed. It could be any really - I have no need/desire to have to buy a twin pack of Deco P9 just so I can move the router!!

Thanks for your kind understanding,

Chris

Options
2021-05-24 08:19:08

@crispyweet 

Hi, I guess your desired setup is like:

ISP modem router----TL-PA7020P~~~~(electric wire)~~~~TL-PA7020P-----<UTP cables>----main P9 and other satellite Deco P9 units;

--TL-PA7020pkit would only work as a powerline bridge to extend internet from ISP router to main Deco P9'

--TL-PA7020P kit would not join the powerline backhaul between Deco P9 units 

So basically, the TL-PA7020P kit could be considered as a long Ethernet cable connecting the ISP modem router and Deco P9 together;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-24 22:04:42

@TP-Link 

Hello and a big thank you from me - yes, you have the picture - a long ethernet cable from the ISP Router switch port, into a Powerline adapter then it will form another PLC connection with the other Powerline adapter where I can connect the ethernet near to the Deco P9 (Main Deco) and my network is complete!

The Deco PLC Backhaul does not interact with the two Powerline adapters - this does not matter as I will use a pair for the above scenario.

Brilliant. I will try this..... Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 4

Related Articles