Having Some Weird Issues on Archer C6 US V3.20. Please give me some solution.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-20 17:50:34 - last edited 2021-05-24 05:50:53
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066(5553)

Bought an Archer C6 v3.20 (US) today. My ISP uses dynamic IP connection. So I have cloned the MAC of my previous router in this one. Everything is fine on all my devices. But one of my Amazon Tablet is having some weird issues. I am unable to open Facebook Lite and Ludo Star apps. No matter how I try it these two apps won't connect to internet. Every other apps working fine with internet on the same device. I have tried with my previous router to confirm that the problem is in my Archer C6. I don't know which settings causing this. Can anyone help out and point me what should I do?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Having Some Weird Issues on Archer C6 US V3.20. Please give me some solution.-Solution
2021-05-21 16:24:58 - last edited 2021-05-24 05:50:53

@Kevin_Z 

Tried everything and it seems nothing works. Then I did two things that at last solved the problem. My ISP is planning on shifting to IPV6 which is still not implemented. So there was some IP settings in IPV6 but no internet. So I tried disabling it. Note that IPV6 were on on my previous router and it did not have any problem. But only disabling IPV6 didn't work, I had to disable SIP Firewall also from security. You have to do both to solve it. And since then there was no problem. I will further update if problem happens again. Please fix these issues in next firmware update. There should not be any problem like this when there is no IPV6 internet, cause it's on by default and since other routers do not cause problem like these TP Link also shouldn't have any problem. Also SIP Firewall is on by default. So you should fix these issuesl. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Having Some Weird Issues on Archer C6 US V3.20. Please give me some solution.
2021-05-21 09:02:31

@Yafi 

Please check if the internet parameters on the C6 and on the previous/old router are the same, such as WAN IP address, gateway, and DNS servers.

You can try to change the DNS servers on the C6 Internet page to something like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then try to open Facebook Lite and Ludo Star apps again.

You can also check the Security settings on the C6, such as DoS Protection, try to lower down the security level, or disable it, then confirm.

Options
Re:Having Some Weird Issues on Archer C6 US V3.20. Please give me some solution.
2021-05-21 11:34:46 - last edited 2021-05-21 11:41:35

@Kevin_Z 

It's the same. I have checked.

I tried changing it to google dns. It's still the same.

I have also disabled all securities. Nothing changes.

Options
2021-05-21 12:15:05

@Yafi 

Try to reset the C6 to factory defaults, either by pressing the RESET button or doing factory defaults via its web interface page, then reconfigure it from scratch to check again if it will work properly.

If the issue persists, we will escalate the case to the support engineers, who will further investigate, then provide a solution.

Options
Re:Having Some Weird Issues on Archer C6 US V3.20. Please give me some solution.-Solution
2021-05-21 16:24:58 - last edited 2021-05-24 05:50:53

@Kevin_Z 

Tried everything and it seems nothing works. Then I did two things that at last solved the problem. My ISP is planning on shifting to IPV6 which is still not implemented. So there was some IP settings in IPV6 but no internet. So I tried disabling it. Note that IPV6 were on on my previous router and it did not have any problem. But only disabling IPV6 didn't work, I had to disable SIP Firewall also from security. You have to do both to solve it. And since then there was no problem. I will further update if problem happens again. Please fix these issues in next firmware update. There should not be any problem like this when there is no IPV6 internet, cause it's on by default and since other routers do not cause problem like these TP Link also shouldn't have any problem. Also SIP Firewall is on by default. So you should fix these issuesl. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-24 05:50:47

@Yafi 

That's great to know that the issue was resolved by disabling IPv6 and SIP firewall on the router, we will certainly report this to the support engineers, and they will investigate.

Do let me know if there is still an issue, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 865

Replies: 5

Related Articles