Deco goes red/dead when USB port is used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 10:43:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

After latest FW upgrade, one of my 3 Decos started having problems, displaying a solid red LED.

After plugging power out and in again, it would work for a few hours or a day.

I did a factory reset on it, same behaviour.

I then tried unplugging IKEA trådfri gateway, which prior to FW upgrade had been used without issues for a long time while being connected by network and USB cables to this Deco, and the problem was resolved.

Now our IKEA lights are on 24/7, and the WiFi network is stable.

Obviously we would prefer being able to plug the IKEA gateway back in, but if M9 is no longer able to support powering an external unit via USB, we will have to get an extra socket and power the gateway through a dedicated power supply.

Hopefully the problem is not caused by having the gateway connected by the network cable. I have not been able to test this since I don't have another power source at the location as yet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco goes red/dead when USB port is used
2021-05-24 03:37:15

@PP_Nor 

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Normally the USB port is only reserved for charging and it is not supposed to interfere with the internet service;

Could you please help me run the following test:

1. connect the IKEA trådfri gateway to another satellite Deco's USB port;(or swap the location of the two satellite Deco units)

--then confirm whether the same issue still existed;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 339

Replies: 1

Related Articles